Board and Staff
The Museum is a private nonprofit 501(c)(3) corporation. The organization is overseen by a nine-member Board of Trustees
- Julie Gibbs, Board President
- Rev. Steve Towles, Board Vice President
- Tom Richards, Board Treasurer
- Courtney Beebe, Esq., Board Secretary
- Leanne Campbell, Board Member
- Dr. Dick Sheldon, Board Member
- LaDonna Beaumont, Board Member
- Joe Bohart, Board Member
- Ali Marienau, Board Member
Executive Director, Britt Thurman, has almost a decade of experience working in the museum field. She received her Masters degree in Museum Studies and has worked at museums of varying sizes in multiple parts of the country. She has worked primarily in community engagement, accessibility, education, and exhibit design.
Program and Marketing Director, Robert Singletary, was hired in 2012. He brings local history alive through articles, lectures, and tours. He holds a BA from the University of Idaho and is a former instructor at North Idaho College and Lewis Clark College.
Development Director, Jocelyn Whitfield-Babcock, was hired in 2019. Born and raised near Spokane, she earned a BLS in Program Management from Whitworth University.
Bookkeeper, Lisa Hunt, CPA has a B.A. in Business Administration with Accounting Concentration from Eastern Washington University.