Join Our Team!
The Museum of North Idaho is growing, and we're seeking qualified individuals to join our team as paid staff and volunteers.
Guest Services: Work the Guest Services desk to sell admission, gift shop merchandise, and memberships. Shifts are 3.5 hours long. Guest Services Volunteers can work every week or fill in as needed.
Cataloging: Artifacts, photos and archival materials.
Special Events: Help plan and work special programs such as the annual gala, Holidays at the Chapel, and Movies in the Park.
Research and Exhibit Design: Help research and design feature exhibits
Fundraising: Join a team of volunteers to help connect the Museum to donors and businesses.
Special Volunteer Opportunities
Serve on the Board: Please email or mail a resume or letter discussing your strengths. You will have a meeting with the nominating committee. If you and the committee agree that you should be nominated, then a short write up about your qualifications is needed for the ballot. The Museum membership elects Directors in April.
Editing for the Museum of North Idaho Press: review manuscript submissions, marketing books, helping with the production process.
Requirements for Volunteering:
- Submit an inquiry
- A personal interview to discuss volunteer options and determine interests, goals, and availability
- A minimum commitment of time
- Provide advance notice if unable to assist for a scheduled volunteer assignment
- A better understanding of Coeur d’Alene history through access to educational materials and close working relationships with professional staff
- Opportunities to interact with people and share the pride and history of Idaho
- Invitation to an annual volunteer appreciation event
- Job references upon request
- Free individual membership after completion of 50 volunteer hours
The Museum of North Idaho is growing and so is our staff. Please check back for employment opportunities as they arise.