The Museum of North Idaho is looking for outgoing and enthusiastic individuals with education and experience related to Education, History, Administrative, Fundraising, or similar fields.
- A better understanding of Coeur d’Alene history through access to educational materials, and close working relationships with professional staff
- Opportunities to interact with people and share the pride and history of Idaho
- Invitation to an annual volunteer appreciation event
- Job references upon request
- Subscription to the quarterly newsletter
Museum Store attendant: From April 1 to October 31, from 11 to 5. One day a week or fill in as needed.
Cataloging: Artifacts, photos and archival materials.
Social media: Creating graphic representations intended for social media, primarily Instagram, Creating video representations intended for social media, primarily YouTube
Marketing: Increasing awareness of the Museum. Researching demographic analytics to propose adjustments to online marketing strategies. Developing tools and methods for collecting data such as surveys, opinion polls or questionnaires to enhance visitor experience
Special Community Event Volunteer Opportunities
Serve on the Board please email or mail a resume or letter discussing your strengths. You will have a meeting with the nominating committee. If you and the committee agree that you should be nominated, then a short write up about your qualifications is needed for the ballot. The Museum membership elects Directors in April.
Editing for the Museum of North Idaho Press: review manuscript submissions, marketing books, helping with the production process.
Requirements for Volunteering:
- Submit an inquiry
- A personal interview to discuss volunteer options and determine interests, goals, and availability
- A minimum commitment of time
- Provide advance notice if unable to assist for a scheduled volunteer assignment