The Museum of North Idaho is looking for outgoing and enthusiastic individuals with education and experience related to Education, History, Administrative, Fundraising, or similar fields.
- A better understanding of Coeur d’Alene history through access to educational materials, and close working relationships with professional staff
- Opportunities to interact with people and share the pride and history of Idaho
- Invitation to an annual volunteer appreciation event
- Job references upon request
- Subscription to the quarterly newsletter
Museum Store attendant: From April 1 to October 31, from 11 to 5. One day a week or fill in as needed.
Cataloging: Artifacts, photos and archival materials.
Marketing: increasing awareness of the Museum
Special Community Event Volunteer Opportunities
Serve on the Board please email or mail a resume or letter discussing your strengths. You will have a meeting with the nominating committee. If you and the committee agree that you
should be nominated, then a short write up about your qualifications is needed for the ballot. The Museum membership elects Directors in April.
Editing for the Museum of North Idaho Press: review manuscript submissions, marketing books, helping with the production process.
Requirements for Volunteering:
- Submit an inquiry
- A personal interview to discuss volunteer options and determine interests, goals, and availability
- A minimum commitment of time
- Provide advance notice if unable to assist for a scheduled volunteer assignment