By Robert Singletary special to the Nickel’s Worth
The first modern hospital in Coeur d’Alene was constructed at 412 Lakeside Avenue in the early 1930s. The Lake City Hospital and Medical Center was a two-story brick building owned by Ft. Harold J. Sturges. In 1941, Dr. Otto Husted purchased the structure and moved his practice there along with his partner, Dr. Ted Fox. After some major additions and improvements, the facility had 24 beds and eleven bassinets, plus an X-ray machine and a laboratory
For more articles of historical significance, click a title under Recent Posts from right hand menu.