Join Our Team!
The Museum of North Idaho is growing, and we're seeking qualified individuals to join our team as paid staff and volunteers.
Guest Services: Work the Guest Services desk to sell admission, gift shop merchandise, and memberships. Shifts are 3.5 hours long. Guest Services Volunteers can work every week or fill in as needed.
Digitizing: Artifacts, photos and archival materials.
Walking Tour Guide: Lead visitors through various locations in Coeur d'Alene as you share stories of the past. Must be able to lead a 1 - 2-mile-long walking tour.
Programs: Assist with planning, setup, and/or facilitation of programs such as the monthly lecture series, movies in the park, and North Idaho State Fair.
Educational Programs: Help plan, set up, and facilitate educational programs and activities for school children at the Museum or in the classroom.
Maintenance: Help make minor repairs to the museum and the Fort Sherman Chapel
Editing for the Museum of North Idaho Press: review manuscript submissions, market books, and help with the production process.
Special Volunteer Opportunities
Join a Committee
- Building Committee - help manage logistics and vendor sourcing for the construction of the new museum at the base of Tubbs Hill
- Fundraising Committee - work with a team of dedicated volunteers and board members to help raise funds for the capital campaign
- Marketing Committee - a team of creative individuals who help identify new opportunities to spread the word about the museum
- Exhibits Committee - help research, design, and install the rotating featured exhibits
- Events Committee - help plan and facilitate events like the annual gala
Serve on the Board: Please email or mail a letter of interest and resume discussing your strengths to email@example.com. You will have a meeting with the nominating committee. If you and the committee agree that you should be nominated, then a short write up about your qualifications is needed for the ballot. The Museum membership elects Directors in April during the Annual Meeting.
Requirements for Volunteering:
- Submit an application
- A personal interview to discuss volunteer options and determine interests, goals, and availability
- A minimum commitment of time
- Provide advance notice if unable to assist for a scheduled volunteer assignment
- A better understanding of Coeur d’Alene history through access to educational materials and close working relationships with professional staff
- Opportunities to interact with people who share a love for North Idaho history
- Invitation to annual volunteer appreciation events
- Job references upon request
- Free individual membership after completion of 50 volunteer hours
There are no current job openings. Please check back soon.