Ft. Sherman Band

By Robert Singletary For twenty years, 1878 to 1898, the military band at Fort Coeur d’Alene/Sherman provided much of the musical entertainment for the village of Coeur d’Alene. After the closure of the fort in 1898, the town was without an organized band for several years. On March 12, 1907, Professor James Austin organized the first…

Read More