The Buildings of Fort Sherman

By Robert Singletary Special to the Nickel’s Worth In 1905, the land and buildings of Fort Sherman were sold at public auction. Two Spokane businessmen, Thomas Kerl and David Ham, purchased several acres of land, including the Fort Chapel and the post commander’s spacious home. Kerl and his family lived in that house for almost…

Read More